Classic Vehicle Registration Process
Follow these steps to access the Classic Vehicle/60 Day Logbook Registration Scheme:
- Obtain advice from your club that your vehicle is accepted for the Classic Vehicle Scheme. Ensure the club completes their section of the Classic Vehicle Declaration.
- Complete the following RMS forms. - Application for Conditional Registration and Classic Vehicle Declaration.
- Obtain a Blue Slip for the vehicle. Blue slips only last 42 days. The blue slip provider must fill in and sign page three of your “Application for Conditional Registration form" in the section titled “Vehicle Identified by”.
- If the vehicle is subject to engineered modifications get a copy of the VSCCS Certificate.
- Make sure you use the full, correct Club Name – on the Classic Vehicle Declaration form in section 1 titled “Club membership details (Primary Club name first)”
- Mail a COPY of your Blue Slip / Engineering Certificate (if required), the ORIGINAL Classic Vehicle Declaration and a COPY of the Application for Conditional Registration to the ACMC. To avoid delays in processing please add a covering note with the name of the organisation you are affiliated with. A full list is provided at the bottom of this page.
- Allow two weeks turnaround of your paperwork.
Classic Vehicle Registration Renewal Process
- You need to get a pink slip
- Fill out the information on the left hand side of the Classic Vehicle Declaration. Ensure the club completes their section of the Classic Vehicle Declaration.
- Post only: a copy of your Pink Slip and the original Classic Vehicle Declaration filled out to ACMC
- Allow two weeks turnaround of your paperwork
NOTE: the RMS will not accept emailed documents, so they need to be posted to the ACMC for endorsement. Finally pay the processing fee of $30 to ACMC which includes cost of express post return.
Post to: ACMC Ltd, PO Box 419 Bexley, NSW 2207
Use Reference: Last Name & Club name
Email proof of payment to CVS@ACMC.asn.au
Application to Service NSW
The following must be presented to a Service NSW Service Centre to establish the Conditional Registration:
- Classic Vehicle Declaration completed by the Responsible Person not older than 42 days.
- Current Blue Slip not older than 42 days.
- Compliance Certificate (if required). (VSCCS or Old ECS)
- Vehicle Import Approval (if the vehicle is imported).
- Application for Conditional Registration completed by the Applicant.
- Proof of registration entitlement (eg receipt of purchase).
- Proof of identity (eg NSW Driver Licence).
- The appropriate fee.
MEMBERS OF THE ACMC
4WD NSW & ACT Inc. (4WDNSWACT)
Australian National Street Machine Association Inc. (ANSMA)
Australian Street Rod Federation Inc. (ASRF)
Council of ACT Motor Clubs Inc. (CACTMC)
Council of Motor Clubs Inc. (CMC)
Drag Ens Hot Rod Club (DRAGENS)
Motorcycle Council of NSW Inc. (MCCofNSW)
NSW Historic Motoring Association (NSWHMA)