What is Conditional Registration
Conditional registration gives you limited road access to perform specific functions with a non-standard vehicle.
You cannot get conditional registration for a non-standard vehicle if a vehicle that complies Australian Design Rules, can be used instead.
Factors considered in conditional registration include:
- any vehicle standards shortfall
- the safety of the person operating the vehicle and any passengers
- how the vehicle mixes with other vehicles on the road and pedestrians
- the time of the day or night the vehicle will be operated
- where the vehicle will be used.
Vehicles that can be conditionally registered
- agricultural vehicles
- construction vehicles
- recreational vehicles (on Stockton Beach only)
- street rods
- purpose-built vehicles
- over snow vehicles
- rally vehicles
- historic vehicles (HVS)
- classic vehicles. (CVS)